- 28-Mar-2017 to 27-May-2017 (CST)
- Painesville, OH, USA
- Full Time
Vacation, Holidays, Health (with very competitive coverage and employee contirbution), Dental, Vision, 401K (with very generous company contribution and company match), Short and Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Safety Shoe Stipend
The Builder's Center Manager is responsible for daily operations of the Sidley Builders Center (SBC) Block & Supply product lines in Painesville, OH.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for achieving financial objectives set by the company for the location, includes analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions, with a focus on profits.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing a rapport with potential and actual customers to understand merchandise and service requirements.
- Establish an environment that focuses on excellent customer service.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Responsible for marketing merchandise at the location, and maintaining a clean, organized store, warehouse and stock yard.
- Management of the yardman to maintain warehouse and stock yard, load customers, stock inventory, prepare interplant shipments and other job related tasks.
- Secure merchandise by implementing security measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean environment at the location.
- Maintains location's operations by initializing, coordinating and enforcing company policies and procedures.
- Assist customers in the selection, purchase, loading and if required delivery of all RWS product lines either in the store of over the phone.
- Responsible for stocking of merchandise, processing incoming orders, and distribution of interplant orders.
- Maintain accurate inventory results throughout the year. Responsible for accuracy and execution of annual physical inventory within the time frame required.
- Responsible for resolving all customer complaints that arise with the Block & Supply product lines.
- Assist with the scheduling and dispatch of RWS trucks for customer and interplant orders.
- Schedule concrete orders and batch concrete for PM as required.
- Assist with Block & Supply quotes as required.
- Assist with motivating/managing staff to ensure employee relations issues are handled appropriately in the absence of the PM.
- Typical office duties including answering the phone, filing, data entry, faxing etc.
- Participate in Sidley Managers Meetings and Sidley sponsored training.
- Additional duties as required.
- BI-LINGUAL (SPANISH) PREFERRED
- College preferred, but not required. Minimum High School diploma or equivalent.
- Market knowledge.
- Strong management skills within a diverse environment.
- Strong math and analytic
- Innovative problem solving skills.
- Customer focus.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Relates to all customer segments and creates a good first impression.
- Self-starter capable of delivering on goals with minimal supervision.
- Sense of time management/deadlines.
- Quick learner.
- Enthusiastic team player with a motivating positive attitude and winning track record.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds, and willingness to roll up sleeves and get the job done.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Percentage of the day of hours per day each activity below is performed:
Kneeling - 5% Walking - 40%
Carrying - 20% Standing - 25% Lifting - 10%
- Number of times per day the employee does any lifting:
1 - 5 pounds - 50
6 - 10 pounds - 20
20 - 50 pounds 10
51-100 pounds - 2
- Full time hours with the ability to work Saturday hours, as required.
Key Working Contacts:
- Block & Supply Product Line Manager
- Divisional Management
Key Working Contacts continued:
- Other Sidley Builders Center sales and management personnel
- Contractors and retail consumers
- Other manufacturers and industry related suppliers